Wedding ceremony is an important part of your wedding. As this is the most special day in anyone's life, each of us wants our wedding function to be unique and memorable. There are different aspects of wedding function that need to be addressed properly to make this event a special one.
When you start planning your ceremony for wedding, begin with short listing the venue because you have to plan everything according to the theme like decoration, location, food, wedding singers etc. If you are going for traditional ceremony for wedding, then you have to follow certain procedures. You should consult with the church authority regarding your marriage ceremony. However, if you have an informal or causal ceremony, you can be more flexible with the procedures. Before you get into the mood of marriage do not forget to keep certain vital documents handy. Papers such as address proof, birth certificate and marriage license are often reviewed by the registrar just before the wedding starts.
Next you have to decide a location, date and time of the marriage ceremony. For traditional or religious marriage you need to book a location in advance especially if it is being held in the wedding season. For a non religious wedding ceremony, you need to make an appointment well in advance to avoid the rush.
Marriage ceremony is very special day for both bride and groom. On most important day of your life you want to look most attractive and beautiful. You should already get prepared for the wedding dress, make-up and hairstyle of bride etc according to the theme. Book these vendors on time by making advance payments and go for at least 2 trials to fix your look for the day.
Finally you need plan for your wedding vows. Wedding decorations, songs, reading, and program are other different elements of wedding ceremony.
Prepare a checklist in order to plan a perfect wedding function. Though your ceremony will differ in rituals according to your faith, some of these factors are to be considered commonly. You can also add some things according to your requirements. The checklist is as follows
- Wedding Rings - Wedding rings are an integral part of any amrriage ceremony. Marriages are solemnized with an exchange of rings. Wedding rings symbolize the bond that the scouple shares with each other. A circle signifies everlasting love.
- Wedding Vows - If you are writing your own wedding vows, prepare them beforehand. Practice saying them beforehand. Copy them onto a small card and ask the best man / maid of honor to carry it with him / her so that he / she can hand it to you at the correct moment.
- Wedding Readings - Keep a copy of wedding readings with you and one of your wedding attendants to avoid last minute fiasco.
- Music - Decide from beforehand which songs you want to be played for your marriage ceremony. Make a list and give it to the DJ or the person in charge of the music.
- Wedding Programs - Programs help guests to understand the rituals and know who's in the wedding party. They also give an idea of the time and procedures in the ceremony.
- Flower Girl Basket - The flower girl will need a basket because she will be scattering the petals. Arrange for it beforehand and make her practice walking down the aisle along with you.
- Ring Pillow - A ring-pillow is necessary for the ring-bearer to carry. You can attach the rings to the pillow with a thread so that they don't roll and fall.
- Unity Ceremony Accessories - A tradition that signifies a couple's first task as a married couple. This ritual was started in Christian weddings. There are many unity ceremonies such as jumping the broom, lighting the candle etc.
- Bouquets and Flowers - Arrange for the bridal and bridesmaids' bouquets, petals basket for the flower girl, boutonnieres for the groom, groomsmen and all the men, corsages for mothers, grandmothers and all the ladies, and the flowers for decoration.
With proper planning and execution, you can make your marriage ceremony a memorable event, which you will remember for the rest of your life.